Time: February 13, 2012 to April 30, 2012
Location: San Rafael, California
City/Town: Conference in San Rafael, California (North of San Francisco)
Website or Map: http://shamanismconference.or…
Event Type: call for proposals
Organized By: Shamanism Conference
Latest Activity: Apr 29, 2012
The 2012 Shamanism Conference explores the topic “ CYCLES OF LIFE.”
This year we will look into images, stories, and shamanic practices evoking and celebrating cycles and rhythms of time. Every culture has stories, ceremonies, and rituals around cycles of time. Visions of the past, present and future are recurring. We invite you to consider these questions:
* What is our place in the present cycle of time? In our life cycle? In the cosmic cycle?
* What are emergent dreams, images, and stories that can midwife renewal?
* What does the present moment ask of us to restoring balance in our life? In our community, and in the world?
* What does it take to act responsibly to benefit future generations?
Presenters are encouraged to explore the above topic from the perspective of their area of expertise. Topics that have been explored in the past include shamanic rites and practices; scientific investigation and innovation; prayer and meditation practices; artistic expression and performance; dreams and altered states of consciousness; healing with plant and food medicine; attitudinal healing; frontier science and brain research.
1. WRITE a Proposal and a short Bio using the form offered online: shamanismconference.org. Deadline for the submission of proposals is April 30, 2012.
2. SEND your proposal to Linda at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Email submissions only. Thank you.
3. Upon receiving acceptance to present, you must REGISTER for the Conference at: shamanismconference.org. Conference fees for room and board must be paid by everyone attending, except for pre-arranged agreements with Shamans. All helpers, assistants and spouses must be registered. In order to remain on the program, you must register by June 1. If you are staying locally, you still must register for the Conference.
The Conference team will review all proposals submitted in writing, and selections will be made based on quality, relevance to the theme, and variety of presentation modes. Only proposals following the format for abstract submission will be considered. The number of presentations is limited. Presentations are generally 20 minutes long. Shamans and selected presenters are given a longer time for healing and working with the group.
Your paper/presentation may be published by the Society for the Study of Shamanism, Healing and Transformation in the Conference Proceedings. Some may be selected to be published on-line or in ReVision, with your permission.
Audiovisual materials for accepted proposals must be submitted by August 9. More info on this later.
Looking forward to an inspiring Shamanic Weekend,
The Conference Team: Juliette Hanauer, Jurgen Kremer, Linda Braga, Lucy Lewis, Gail Hayssen, Jessica Jones.