THIS COURSE Ran in MARCH 2, 2013, and is currently Closed.
Study with Zen Master Genpo Merzel to learn and deepen your knowledge of Big Mind™. Big Mind is rooted in Jungian Psychology & in Eastern Zen.
In 1983, Genpo began studying with Hal Stone, a Jungian analyst who created a therapeutic technique which he called Voice Dialogue. Now he combines Zen with the insights of visionary western figures like C.G. Jung, Fritz Perls & Hal Stone, enabling virtually anyone to realize their true nature, a realization they can further deepen through meditation.
Genpo thinks of Big Mind as "opening our mind...our consciousness to the infinite". Ken Wilber has described 's Big Mind Process as "arguably the most important and original discovery in the last two centuries of Buddhism."
ABOUT THE SPECIAL STUDY GROUP
In this 4-week course you'll watch 45-60 minutes of video lectures by Genpo every week & follow that week's assignments in your study guide. You will also have a chance to ask questions via an audio conference call with Genpo (held 2x during the course) & to discuss the content of the course with others in a written online discussion forum on Depth Psychology Alliance. After 4 weeks the post-test will be provided and you will receive your certificate of completion from Jung Platform™.
Cost for the Four-Week Course Package: $139
(Depth Psychology Alliance members use code "DEPTH" at checkout to get 10% off!)
· 4 live Internet streaming video classes (or 2 DVDs to listen at your convenience)
· Study Guide
· 2 Q&A audio conference calls with on March 2 at 10am PT & March 23 at 12pm PT
· Online written discussion forum of the material with &/or his colleagues as moderators. Click here to go to the online discussion group
· 3 CE's
· Test and Certificate of completion
CLICK HERE to purchase the video course (available as a livestream or DVD)
Online lectures begin on March 2, 2013 at 10AM PT (8PM GMT) & run Saturdays for 4 weeks. You can also watch this program at your own pace.
Who should follow this course:
· Therapists who want to learn some new skill for their personal life & practice.
· students who have been working with & want to learn this skill more deeply.
· Jungians, as it integrates the Jungian oriented method of voice dialogue and Zen in a Western way as Jung suggested Eastern religion should be approached.
In the first hour-long introduction, Zen Master Genpo Merzel will work with us to explore & directly experience how our minds can become our greatest friend & ally.
Dennis Genpo Merzel is a revolutionary in the tradition of the old Zen Masters who so embodied Buddhist teaching that they were able to revitalize and transform it for their own day & age. As Buddhism moved from India to China to Japan & other Asian cultures, it found unique expression in each culture that made its fundamental teachings resonate for a new time & place. Genpo is working to transmit the essence of the Buddha's teachings in a way that is readily accessible to Westerners & relevant to our everyday life.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any issues or questions.
Latest Activity: Apr 4, 2014