Resources on Trauma

Hi everyone.

Several people asked, so in response to the great conversation with Michael Conforti on trauma this evening, I'm listing here some of the books and authors that have contributed to my own work on trauma.

Also posting a link to my article I mentioned, "Trauma and Homecoming: Finding a Sense of Place in the Space of Trauma" which appeared in the Fall 2014 issue of Depth Insights. You can access that issue here, and either read online or download the issue as a PDF. Comments and feedback welcome.

Other resources:

• Brison, S. J. (2002). Aftermath: Violence and the remaking of a self. Princeton, N.J.: Princeton University Press.

• Fassin, D., & Rechtman, R. (2009). The empire of trauma: An inquiry into the condition of victimhood. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press.

• Kalsched, D. (1996). The inner world of trauma: Archetypal defenses of the personal spirit. London: Routledge.

• Stolorow, R. D. (2007). Trauma and human existence: Autobiographical, psychoanalytic, and philosophical reflections. New York: Analytic Press.

—Actually just about anything from Stolorow and Kasched are great resources, as well as Edward Tick and Robert J. Lifton

Please add your own recommendations or resources in the comments at bottom here for everyone who is interested. Thanks!

You need to be a member of Depth Psychology Alliance to add comments!

Join Depth Psychology Alliance

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Adding another resource at the request of Alliance member Lois Carey, who has edited the book:

Expressive and Creative Arts Methods for Trauma Survivors

It was published by Jessica Kingsley Press in 2006 and printed digitally in 2009. The Foreword is by Judith Rubin and each chapter is authored by noted persons in their field.

Thanks Lois!

• Education Institution

Thank you, everyone, for the connection during the webinar Monday. I truly enjoyed our time together. Come find out more about our upcoming programs--including the 9-month Trauma certificate which starts March 7, and the Vision Lectures series happening once a month for 5 more months. Depth Psychology Alliance members get 10% off. www.AssisiInstitute.com

This reply was deleted.