Organization

American Psychological Association To Classify Belief in God As a Mental Illness

According to the American Psychological Association (APA), a strong and passionate belief in a deity or higher power, to the point where it impairs one’s ability to make conscientious decisions about common sense matters, will now be classified as a mental illness. 

The controversial ruling comes after a 5-year study by the APA showed devoutly religious people often suffered from anxiety, emotional distress, hallucinations, and paranoia. The study stated that those who perceived God as punitive was directly related to their poorer health, while those who viewed God as benevolent did not suffer as many mental problems. The religious views of both groups often resulted in them being disconnected from reality.

http://www.thenewsnerd.com/health/apa-to-classify-belief-in-god-as-a-mental-illness/

You need to be a member of Depth Psychology Alliance to add comments!

Join Depth Psychology Alliance

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Organization

Mind-Control Engineers Drugging Children For “Social Justice”

By Jon Rappoport
    Contributor, ZenGardner.com

It’s the latest thing. Psychiatrists are giving children in poor neighborhoods Adderall, a dangerous stimulant, by making false diagnoses of ADHD, or no diagnoses at all. Their aim? To “promote social justice,” to improve academic performance in school.

Leading the way is Dr. Michael Anderson, a pediatrician in the Atlanta area. Incredibly, Anderson told the New York Times (“Attention Disorder or Not, Pills to Help in School”) his diagnoses of ADHDare “made up,” “an excuse” to hand out the drugs.

“We’ve decided as a society that it’s too expensive to modify the kid’s environment. So we have to modify the kid,” Anderson said.

######
    this is worse than medieval and ignorant.... How can the APA sanction such a barbaric disregard for the lives of mere children... 

• Good morning Sharon - this is a very good open letter to Hilary by a woman, wife and mother [now a senior] wise with first hand experience of parenting, then supporting her daughter for 44 years Dx with "severe" autism.  A pioneer credible due to her own family life experience, asking pertinent questions and expressing what she wants - well.  Bravo! It will be interesting to see if Hilary responds back, particularly the raising of the point of her campaign manager being a past employee of Monsanto backing up the two important main points: conflict of interest (f) and informed consent [a + b].  Critical matters for health care consumers.  I am not on Facebook, so I hope you follow this thread and keep us informed about her inquiries to Hilary.  Peace + Love Linda  

• Linda, I do hope that you can listen/watch the YouTube program by Red Ice Radio. It is quite excellent!
  • Is that article from the introduction of this discussion genuine? According to other articles (or after searching the Web for more sources of the same story), that doesn't seem to be the case.

• Do you refer to the Wikapedia history of vaccines? And you questioning its accuracy? If so, what parts do you challenge. As a user-created resource, errors are possible, but without the provision of specific challenges including supported resources, it would be difficult to respond to your question, Aleksandar. Sharon
      • Hi Sharon + Aleksandar - this is simply the gist of a beginning post and when I do Wikipedia searches, I acknowledge that fact, I do cut and paste aspects of the wiki work [please do notice their use of blue words remains intact in my copy of same], however, I do digest, reflect back upon my personal + professional life experience, lessons learned and as you know do share my opinions where relevant.

Hope this helps and yes, Aleksandar not only was that beginning article Wikipedia based information cuts/pastes are genuine - I am also exposing my genuine self within this DPA site too.  I am not pulling anything in my posts "out of my imagination" - after all Aleksandar I am older, been around the block on the road of the school of hard knocks working in the system [not academia till later in life] in many sub-specialty areas during my 50 years of service to folks and their relationships with doctors, professionals and researchers...so, I am also quoting 'true story' but not mythological, analytical or theorem focused...simply complex materials searched for and found on the www with my own added personal/professional experiences [flavour/additions] if it fits and anyone cares.  

Are you asking me to insert links as you do with hardly any of your own time or effort on making your posts more personally experientially based too.  Sorry not my style, but I will provide you with the link if you do not trust my posts content.  Peace + Love Linda 

• Hi Linda,

Thank you for clarifying. I personally appreciate the care and thoughtfulness in all of your postings. I also appreciate your ability and willingness to share with all of us your very personal history and experiences. Moreover, what could possibly be better than incorporating one's experiences within the context of relevant content as you have?

Thank you always for being honest, present, and respectful to all of us. You have respectfully responded to everyone!
          Blessings, Sharon
  • Linda,

Also included in the community FaceBook Page for Remembering Dr. Bradstreet is a link to a YouTube Channel. This includes a fascinating program:

Red Ice Radio - Brian Hooker - CDC Cover-up of Vaccine & Autism Link

Red Ice Radio has a YouTube subscription with Brian Hooker is fascinating!

Here is the link:  https://youtu.be/19uvPtg6SPI

Best,

Sharon 

- YouTube
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
  • Good Evening, Linda,

Evil is ubiquitous, indeed. I have been fascinated with the topic of vaccines and autism and more recently the strange and inexplicable death of Dr. Jeff Bradstreet.  I did find that there is a FaceBook page entitled: Remembering Dr. Bradstreet should you are anyone else wish to follow. The following is an open letter posted to this site today:

Open letter to Hillary Clinton honoring Dr. Bradstreet:
    Dear Hillary,
    I understand (from Face Book), your new campaign manager is a past Monsanto employee? This gives me great pause of your sincere directions for the “average American.”
    As an average America, I feel it is important to take responsibility for myself, as much as possible. I have a husband and three daughters, the third daughter has Autism. I eat healthy, take the vitamins and supplements of my choice, get regular check-ups, go to church every Sunday, and live within my means. I take no prescription drugs…a personal goal. I am 75 years old and have been a voting democrat all my life.
    My daughter with Autism is 44 years old. She has severe Autism. In spite of her Autism, she is a cashier at Publix, receptionist at the YMCA, lives in her own condo in the community, and drives her own car. Oh, yes, she is a CrossFitter… She has been on many diets through the years, currently organic and Paleo. She was a patient of the late Jeffery Bradstreet, MD, whose office was recently ransacked by the FDA. Her vitamins, supplements (recommended by Dr. Bradstreet), and Language Therapy has made her who she is today. 
    I am asking you to be a voice for all the families who want to control the outcomes of their families. 
    a. I want to know what foods contain GMO’s.
    b. I want the dangers of vaccines acknowledged and exposed.
    c. I want the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program to work as it was intended and in a timely fashion. 
    d. I want the FDA to stop threatening doctors and give positive support for realistic research that may not meet the ‘old school’ scientific standards. 
    e. I want you to give the CDC whistle blowers credibility to turn around the conflict-of-interest in that organization. 
    f. I want anyone whose family owns stock or any interest in pharmaceutical companies to be excluded from any employment or committees making related decisions. 
    g. I want true freedom of the press!
    We’re not in Russia. 
    Ann Millan

• AUG 6, 2015 – EARLY ORIGINS OF VACCINES:

According to Wikipedia, the word virus appeared in 1599 and originally meant "venom".‪[10]A very early form of vaccination known as variolation was developed several thousand years ago 15c in China, a method of "nasal insufflation" ritualized by the Chinese using a blowpipe made of silver.  Three to 4 dried out scabs, ground into powder, mixed with grain of musk, bound in cotton were packed in the pipe and puffed up the nostril.  By the 16th + 17th centuries, the right nostril was used for boys and left for girls.‪[2]:45 and only mild smallpox cases were selected as scab donors.  Those variolated were subsequently kept apart from others until the rash had cleared. 

9142846089?profile=originalIn serious cases, fresh scabs increased the risk to lead to a full-blown infection.In late 18th, early 19th centuries Middle East and Africa similar methods were described in the Sudan of long established methods originating from Arabic practices. Tishteree el Jidderi ("buying the smallpox") was a practice seen within the women of Sennar in Central Sudan.‪[1]:61

A mother of an unprotected child visits a newly infected child, ties a cotton cloth around the ailing child's arm. Haggling begins over the cost or gift for each pustule. A bargain struck, she returns home and ties the cloth around her own child's arm.

Early 16thc Turkey ® Africa ® England, the practice of Dak el Jedri ("hitting the smallpox"),[1]:61  pustule fluid collected and rubbed into a cut made into the patient's skin.  By 17th c variolation had become common practice in China and much of Africa, however, Western European medicine still saw the practice as being nothing more than folklore until Italian physician Dr. Emmanuel Timoni of Constantinople promoted the practice that it spread through Western Europe. Timoni wrote a letter describing the method in detail, published in 1714 in the Philosophical Transactions becoming 1st medical account of variolation to appear in Europe. This article lacked widespread notoriety, however, it caught the attention of two important figures in the variolation movement, Bostonian preacher Cotton Mather and wife of the British Ambassador to the Ottoman Empire, Lady Mary Wortley Montagu involved in the the application of materials from smallpox sufferers in order to immunize others. In 1717 Lady Mary Wortley Montagu observed the practice in Istanbul and attempted to popularize it in Britain, but encountered considerable resistance.

From the 1760s, a number of individuals, including John Fewster, Peter Plett, Benjamin Jesty, and particularly Edward Jenner, were interested in the use of material from cowpox, an animal infection, to protect against smallpox.‪[9][10] In 1796, Jenner vaccinated James Phipps, did more vaccinations in 1798, and was the first to publish evidence that cowpox protected against smallpox, was safer than variolation, and that his vaccine could be maintained by arm-to-arm transfer.‪[11] The use of variolation soon declined as smallpox vaccine became widely used and its benefits appreciated. Variolation served as a natural precursor to the discovery of vaccination.

The major differences between the two were that in vaccination, material from cowpox, an animal disease, was used, but particularly that it was safe to those vaccinated and was not transmitted to their contacts. Vaccination offered the public a less-harmful method of preventing smallpox. Vaccination would revolutionize the control of smallpox, leading to its eventual eradication.‪[5]

The extension of the principle of vaccination by Pasteur and his successors would lead to the development of vaccines against other viral diseases such as diphtheria, measles, mumps, rubella, and influenza, and make the eradication of infectious diseases, particularly poliomyelitis, a realistic prospect.

Various countries made variolation illegal, starting with Russia in 1805.‪[5]:246

Vaccinations against other viral diseases followed, including the successful rabies vaccination by Louis Pasteur in 1886. The nature of viruses, however, was not clear to these researchers.  Next article:  History of Virology.  Peace + Love Linda

Variolation
    Variolation was the method of inoculation first used to immunize individuals against smallpox (Variola) with material taken from a patient or a recen…
This reply was deleted.