Join the Depth Discussion on "Reverie" -- based on a quote from Robert Romanyshyn

What do YOU think? Weigh in....

Views: 818

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Reverie is the state for which one strives when entering sleep consciously, using the WILD technique (Wake Induced Lucid Dream). Deepening and enriching the sensory experience of hypnogogic imagery with a focus that is detached, yet conscious and interested, allows the content of the imagery to take on a life of its own, or express the message of the unconscious. 

Later, the psyche may be understood better, and may be seen and understood from a psychological viewpoint. But in the present, while the experience is immanent, reverie helps to make the experience itself to happen. Both perspectives may enrich one’s life, as they have in mine. In my initial experiments, I didn’t know I was performing the technique of active imagination. On review of my journal, I recovered a wealth of information about myself.

RSS

A hub for "all things Depth Psychology," with over 5000 members, Depth Psychology Alliance is FREE to join. Simply sign UP or sign IN to comment or post.

Click the logos for more information!——————————————————————

FEATURED REPLAYS

of ALLIANCE EVENTS 

———————————————————————

——————————————————————

Subscribe to the "Latest Activity" RSS 

feed for Depth Psychology Alliance

Events

CURRENT MOON

© 2020   Created by James Newell.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service